chevron

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

One of my New Year's resolutions is to eat more vegetables, especially green veggies. I do a horrible job of eating green veggies besides lettuce in the cafeteria while away at school. This morning, I decided to get a start on my resolution by making a green monster smoothie for breakfast. It looks disgusting, doesn't it?

It's not as bad as it looks though. I followed a recipe I found at the blog, Full Measure of Happiness, (http://www.fullmeasureofhappiness.com/2011/06/06/cookie-dough-green-monster/) for a cookie dough green monster. The recipe calls for spinach, uncooked oatmeal, a banana, and milk. I figured it would be a good way to start the day and jam in a ton of protein and nutrients.

Too be honest, I didn't love it. It definitely did not taste like cookie dough, but I would probably make it again because its an easy way to get in a few servings of fruit and vegetables. I think it would be better with strawberries or blueberries to mask the spinach taste and make it sweeter. Hopefully, I'll figure out a concoction that works for me.

See, we don't always stuff our faces with carbs and cookies (only most of the time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment